Finance Officer - Fixed Term contract to 31 July 2022, 20/30 hrs a week, Part Time, term time only
Location: Vale Academy Trust Central Offices, St Mary's Convent, Wantage
CLOSING DATE: 5pm 1st Dec 2021 INTERVIEWS w/c 6 Dec
Salary: Grade 7: £22,021 - £23,836 (Pro Rata)
The post of Finance Officer has the prime responsibility for the processing of financial transactions and the maintenance of accurate financial records and reports for the Trust as necessary for statutory and other requirements. The purpose of the post is to provide support to ensure that the highest quality teaching, learning and working takes place.
- To receive purchase requisitions from accountholders, process in accordance with Financial Regulations and send to suppliers
- Set up and verify new suppliers on the finance system
- Review purchases to ensure compliance with Financial Regulations
- To receive invoices from suppliers, review and forward to accountholders for approval
- Process approved invoices within the Finance system
- Process expense and travel claims in line with the Financial Regulations
- Assist in the processing of Trust credit card monthly reconciliations
- Deal with enquiries and questions from budget holders regarding status of orders or other such matters.
- Address queries from suppliers and other stakeholders
- Assist in the preparation of BACs runs and other payments
- Process cashbook entries for Direct Debit payments, upon receipt of relevant invoices
- Raise any necessary sales invoices
- Chase outstanding debts on a regular basis
- To contribute to an on-going effort for constant improvement within all areas of finance but especially purchasing and invoice processing.
- To be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- To be personally committed to a philosophy of continuous improvement in relation to whole Trust policy as well as in all team roles and areas of personal responsibility.
- To participate in personal staff development and relevant training schemes.
- To comply with Health and Safety requirements.
- To comply with “Rights and Responsibilities”.
- To undertake other duties as may be required from time to time.